How about a little colour to start your week on a high note. Smoothie bowls are one of the healthiest trends right now. Now I know that I have been posting a lot of reviews and not enough recipes so it was only right that I started this week with a three-in-one recipe.
It’s pretty easy. Just get the fruits and veggies you like, some natural yoghurt put them in a blender and voila. If you are lactose intolerant, perhaps you can use coconut milk or water.
The thing that makes these smoothies so different is the consistency. They’re much thicker than your average smoothie so you have to use a spoon instead of having them in a glass.
I think the best part was getting creative and decorating them on the top. I used chia seeds for the green smoothie which are really good for you. I always used to see vloggers on youtube using chia seeds all the time and I just figured I’d really have to look for them in Kenya, or probably get them at an expensive price. Well I am sure glad I discovered Naturalli, a brand with affordable healthy products.
I had a lot of fun with this one. Hope you do to and perhaps you too can tag me on your smoothie bowls this week.
- Preferred fruit (Mango, Pawpaw, Kiwi, Blue berries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Preferred Veggie (Kale, etc)
- Frozen bananas
- Naturall Yoghurt
- Dried fruit, cereal or seeds (Chia seeds, oats, etc)
- Peel and chop bananas then freeze them overnight.
- Peel and chop the fruits and veggies and pair them as per your preference. I paired the Kiwi with the Kale, the mango with the pawpaw, the blueberries, raspberries and strawberries together.
- Use frozen bananas in each smoothie for thickness and sweetness.
- Use natural yoghurt/ water to help in the blending process and also for the thickness.
- Use a tablespoon or more of honey depending on your liking.
- Decorate with fresh fruit, dried fruit, cereal or seeds.
- Due to the thick consistency, serve in a bowl and enjoy.
- Perfect for a healthy breakfast.