You can’t have Mango season without making a mango smoothie!
Nothing beats this creamy pineapple-mango boat.
I paired some sweet mangoes with the classic Bio natural yogurt to make my smoothie boat creamier. I cant get enough of this natural yoghurt. The beauty is that natural yogurt doesn’t have any flavouring or sugar which means it can work in almost anything. You can use it in sauces, dips, smoothies, parfaits, the list is endless.
I also used chia seeds, which if you didn’t know, are loaded with more antioxidants than blueberries. Chia seeds are superfoods that are extremely good for you and a pack only goes for about 190 bob. To top that, I also opted to have the smoothie in a pineapple just because the heat in Nairobi kinda makes you feel like you are in the Bahamas or something….!
This recipe is simple, quick and full of flavour. So go take advantage of this mango season and make yours too!
- 1 tin Bio Natural yogurt
- 1 pineapple
- 2 mangoes
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Strawberries to garnish (optional)
- Start by mixing the chia seeds with milk and honey. Mix well and then place in fridge to form pudding like consistency. This will take 10-15 minutes.
- Follow by cutting the pineapple in half and removing the flesh in each side to form a bowl. Be careful not to cut through too deep since the smoothie will leak. Chop up the pineapple flesh and place in the blender.
- Then peel and chop the mangoes and bananas and add to the blender as well.
- Blend for a few seconds, then add the Bio natural yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Once that is done, pour the smoothie into the pineapple bowls and the chia pudding on one side.
- Garnish with a few strawberries and enjoy.