It’s about time we had some sweet stuff on this blog.
Made this decadent cupcakes over the weekend, perfect for an afternoon snack or tea or even dessert. Also I am loving the Kericho green and orange tea right about now. It works so well with these chocolate cuppies.
So try them and tag me when you do 😉
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 50 grams cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 5 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 bars Cadbury Bournville Chocolate
- 150 ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees for 10 min.
- Beat eggs for a minute until they have trapped enough air. This helps in making the cupcakes rise.
- Add sugar, vanilla essence and vegetable oil and whisk.
- Sieve the flour into a separate bowl and add the baking soda. Follow by adding it bit by bit into the egg mixture, whisking everything together until the batter has no lumps.
- Heat 1 cup water and add cocoa powder and mix well. Leave to cool.
- Once it has cooled, add to the batter and whisk everything well.
- Be careful not to over-whisk the batter.
- Put cupcake liners in cupcake baking tin. Scoop batter into the cupcake liners up to 3/4. Do not fill to the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until you can pierce the middle with a knife and it comes out clean.
- Put aside to cool.
- In a different bowl, mix together the butter, icing and a bit of milk until smooth. Add two teaspoons vanilla essence and mix well. Follow by adding 4 tablespoons cocoa and mix until the icing is completely chocolatey.
- Set aside and ice the cupcakes once they've cooled.
- Cut half a chocolate bar into shavings and sprinkle on top of the cupcakes.
- For a more chocolatey flavor, heat double cream in microwave for 1 1/2 minute and put 1 1/2 bournville chocolate bar cut into squares in the hot double cream to melt. After a few minutes use a whisk to mix together until the cream turns into a ganache. Pour over the chocolate cupcakes.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea.