Hello beautiful people,
You are definitely going to love this easy midweek dinner recipe.
So as you must know by now, that I will be posting recipes made with Bio food products the whole month. Last week I showed you guys how to make a spinach and bacon quiche using the Bio whole milk, and this week, I am focusing on the natural yogurt which is literally the best natural yogurt in the market. (You can quote me on that!) When Bio approached me to do these recipes, it was just about the easiest YES, because I had already been using their products ever since I moved back from Spain. So when it came to deciding what to make with the natural yogurt, about a million recipes that I usually make at home, popped into my mind and this tikka was on top of the list. I haven’t seen any other yogurts that work as perfectly as this one in this tikka recipe.
Ever had those evenings where you crave a homemade meal but you have no energy to spend time in the kitchen after a long day? Those evenings when you feel lazy but you really don’t want to order any fast food? Well I have them all the time and this tikka recipe is perfect for those “effortless” midweek dinners. If you follow me on Snapchat or my Instastories, you would have seen me making this a couple of times. I literally just mix everything together and pop it into the oven. I then cook my rice and veggies in my rice cooker. Then I retreat to watch some TV and unwind as both the oven and the rice cooker do all the work for me and in 25 minutes, I have a complete and tasty meal! Just that! (Also I can’t be the only one who thinks rice cookers are complete lifesavers!!!)
I am certain you will love this one as much as I do. It’s so simple and tastes soooooo good, that you won’t have to visit a restaurant the next time you crave some tikka.
- 4 (Cubed) Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tin BIO Natural Yogurt
- 3 heaped tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 packet Shalimar tikka spice
- 1 diced onion
- 4 diced cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons Olive/ Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Take a bowl and mix the natural yogurt, tomato paste, tikka spice, and oil and use a fork to beat into a creamy paste. Follow by adding the diced onion and garlic.
- Clean the chicken and add the cubes to the paste and mix everything well together using your hands.
- Follow by placing the mixture on a greased baking tray and leave to cook for 25 minutes.
- The aim is for the chicken to cook through and to be juicy and not dry so take caution and check on it every 10 minutes.
- Once it is done, remove from heat and serve with your choice of sides. I usually have this with ugali or rice and veggies.
- -To turn this into a perfect party treat, you can also put the chicken on skewers and grill them in the oven or on an open Bbq fire.
- -If you do not have an oven, you can cook the chicken on a pan and dry fry it after mixing it together. It tastes equally as good.